
Life...we have our struggles...our ups and downs...but all in all, we are blessed. Life is what we make of it. Our lives can change in an instant. It seems like only yesterday we were called into the doctors office to find out Ricky had leukemia. That was a life changer for us. It's all in how you respond to the changes. God has been so good to us.
Over the past year, there have been so many changes in my life that I have had to sit and ponder on them. It seems like for so long, I had just been going through the motions with so much of my life. The past year, I have really looked at things in a new light and tried to decide what is really important to me.
I have made many, many mistakes. I am a sinner saved by grace. That doesn't make me perfect though, just forgiven. I look back at my life and see all the wrong turns I have made, all the wrong decisions I have made. I have seen where I have "gotten off track" so to speak. It seems like I had learned to just settle for the mediocre relationship with God. Isn't that what most of us do? We settle, instead of selling out, we settle. Oh what a mistake that is!! God has so much more for us.
The past year has brought about so many changes in my life, my marriage, my family and most importantly my relationship with God. All these years, I have tried in my own strength to do what I thought I was suppose to do. That only gets me frustrated when I make mistakes. God doesn't want me doing what I can do, God wants to work through me. Why has it taken 45 years for me to finally realize this? I guess I am a slow learner! I am just so glad that God didn't give up on me, or through the towel in.
So many people look at all of our failures, all of our mistakes. God sees past all of those to the person we can become through Him.
I want to say, God has blessed me so much with a wonderful forgiving husband. God knew I needed someone like you in my life! Thank you Ricky for loving me unconditionally. He blessed me with three beautiful daughters, two wonderful sons-in-laws, 3 almost 4 wonderful grandbabies, a lovely step daughter, a new step son-in-law, two great step sons, two step grandchildren and a wonderful sister-in-law. Not to mention I have the greatest parents in the world, a wonderful sister and brother and I could go on and on. I have true friends...those that stick with you even when you try to push them away or made stupid choices. Those are true friends..those that will love you regardless...those that will not allow you to stay in the "pig pen". I never can say it enough...I love you all!!
Looking back sometimes causes you pain because of the bad choices, mistakes and failures in your life. I choose to look over that to the blessings! God has truly blessed me. First and foremost, God has forgiven me. That is enough...but He didn't stop there...He continues to bless me each and every day. I have failed Him in so many ways...but He looks past that..and loves me in spite of myself.
To all of those I have hurt in the past..I am truly sorry...I can never change things, but I can say I am sorry. I can pray for each of you to find the forgiveness and joy that I have found in God and God alone. I can pray that not only do you find forgiveness and joy but you learn to forgive as well. Forgiveness is one of those things that is so easy but for some reason we make it hard. Unforgiveness eats at us each and every moment of our lives, Not hurting anyone but ourselves. No wonder God tells us to forgive so many times in His Word.
Back to the beginning of my post...yes changes are not always fun...but they can be good for us. Changes can challenge us to become the person God has planned for us to become. Not perfect, just forgiven!
God Bless!!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Need I Say More??
Posted by The Hilliard Family at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love you, Mom!! :-)
Post a Comment