Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Embracing Your Second Calling-Book Review


I chose to review Embracing Your Second Calling by Dale Hanson Bourke from Booksneeze because I feel that I am in the second half of my life now. Upon beginning this book I could tell right away it was meant for me at this time in my life. This is a well written book about the second half of our lives as women. The author uses the story of Naomi in the book of Ruth as a parallel.

This book would be a great for any woman entering that time in her life when everything seems to change. There is a point in our lives as women when we are busy raising our family and trying to do everything we are expected to do. But as we get older and our children grow up and move out, it seems that our passion seems to change. We are not so worried about the things in life that really doesn’t matter anymore. This book helps us embrace this time in our life and shows us that God can use us in a tremendous way.

I would highly recommend this book to any woman that is beginning that second phase in life. This book would work great for group study as well. I was given this complimentary copy to review and this is my honest opinion of the book.

0 comments: