Friday, January 21, 2011

Radical-Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream


I chose the book, Radical Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream by David Platt, because I had heard so many different responses to the book. I had to read the book for myself and make up my own mind on it.

This book speaks of how so many messages on the Christian Faith have became watered down and really have no effect on people anymore. It talks of how we sit in our padded pews and air conditioned churches and never really have a change in our heart.

I myself enjoyed reading the book. It did convict me of many things. I think that any Christian should read this book. It will remind us of how blessed we are. Maybe, it will cause us to rethink a few things in our life.

The author speaks of getting your mind off of yourself and to start thinking of others. Reading your Bible. Helping others and going on mission trips. I think we can all use reminders of these things.

I would recommend this book to any Christian. I think it is a great eye opener and reminder of why we are here on this earth. I give this book 5 stars.

I was given this book free of charge from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest opinion. I did not have to give a favorable review.

0 comments: