
I chose to review the book, Praying for Your Future Husband, by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer because I thought it would be very helpful working in the student ministry. I have never read anything by either of these two authors but was very interested in the title of the book.
I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It gives you the authors personal stories as they began to pray for their future husbands. But not only does it give their personal account, it gives you scripture references, and questions that would be great for a group setting.
The two authors have very different stories, but God was faithful and answered both their prayers with Godly husbands. I think this is a much needed book in today’s society, where the media is putting so much emphasis on the outward appearance. Our students need to know that God has a much better plan for their lives if they will just trust Him and wait on His timing for their spouse.
This is written to young ladies, but the principle can be used by young men as well. I think anyone that has an unmarried daughter, grand daughter, or works with student ministry should read this book. It has very practical advice and it gives you scripture to reference and study.
I enjoyed reading this book and will pass it along to my unmarried daughter. I highly recommend this book to anyone that has influence with students. Whether you are a parent, grand-parent, teacher or you work with student ministry, this book is a must read!
I was given this book by WaterBrook Multnomah to review and give my honest opinion.
I was not required to give a favorable review.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Praying For Your Future Husband-Book Review
Posted by The Hilliard Family at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment