Monday, August 8, 2016

Taste & See ~ John Piper

I chose to review the daily devotion "Taste and See" by John Piper from Blogging for Books.  I received this book free of charge for my honest review of the book.
 
First off, I love the cover!  This is a cover that is refreshing to look at.  This book has 125 Daily meditations.  I love the way it is laid out in the book.  They are short enough that anyone can find the time to read each day, and they also have scripture references for those that want to dig deeper.

John Piper has written many books and many devotions and this is another great one to add to that list.  It is a book that you can buy and give to just about anyone regardless of their stage in life.

This book hits many of the hard questions of today such as God's sovereignty, body image, retirement, hypocrisy, prayer, mental health, computer usage, assurance, gender, race, and gay marriage.  These are things that touch our lives on a daily basis. 

Nothing can change us like the word of God.  This book takes you to God's word daily!! We live in a fast paced world in which we need to be in God's word more and more to stay sane.  This is a great supplement to use in your daily studies or devotional time.

I would recommend this book highly and give it 5 stars!!  You will not be disappointed if you purchase this book for yourself or for someone else. 

0 comments: