
I chose the book “No Small Chores” to review from Dorrance Publishing because it was a book I think my grandchildren would enjoy having read to them.
This book was good. It is the story of a little boy and a little girl that really didn’t want to do their chores. The father explained to them why it was important to take care of the stable where the animals stayed. After a talk with father, the children went to the stable and found it in terrible shape. They decided to work together and clean the stable for the animals to enjoy.
The great twist in this story was when the author brought the Christmas Story into the storyline. Shortly after the stable was clean the children went home. It wasn’t long until they heard a knock at their door. A man and his wife, who was expecting a baby, needed a place to stay. There was no room left in the inn and she was about to deliver their first born. They were able to use the stable and because the children seen the importance of their chores, the stable was clean for the birth of the little baby. Even though there were no scripture references given, we all know the story from which the author was speaking.
There were very simplistic, black and white illustrations throughout the book.
I enjoyed this book and I am sure my grandchildren will enjoy it as well. I was given this book at no cost to me from Dorrance Publishing for my honest opinion.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
No Small Chores-Book Review
Posted by The Hilliard Family at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment