
I chose to review the book, If God, Why Evil? By Norman L. Geisler, because as a Christian I am asked this question often. People want to know, if there is a loving God, then why is there so much evil in the world.
I think Geisler has done a tremendous job with this question. Even though this book is only 150 pages, it has great information. This book isn’t a quick read. You need to think about it as you go. Geisler points out that we all have free will, and free will allows us to chose evil.
Although I would like to say, I didn’t agree with everything the author says in the book. The first few chapters were good in scripture references on why evil exists in our world. As the author goes deeper, there were a few areas that seems to get a little “cloudy”.
Also, the critique of “The Shack” seemed a little out of place. I wasn’t really sure why the author chose to add that to this book.
Even though I didn’t agree with everything, I enjoyed the book.
I was given this book free of charge from Bethany House Publishers to read and give my honest review.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
If God, Why Evil-book review
Posted by The Hilliard Family at 11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment