
I received the book Secure Daughters Confident Sons by Glenn T. Stanton, from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing to read and give my honest opinion.
This is a great book for any parent, parent to be or grandparent. I read this book very quickly to do the review, but I will be reading it again and using it as a reference in the future.
There are differences in boys and girls. God just made us that way. In the book Stanton points out evidence that boys and girls are different because they are made differently. Their needs are different, their interest are different, the way they see the world is different and even their brains are different. Stanton makes clear that neither one is better than other but each has different roles to fulfill in life.
Stanton emphasizes that the way we parent our boys and girls will later impact how they will live their future. Since they are different, we as parents need to recognize those differences and adjust our parenting to what will make them grow up to be Godly women and Godly men.
Also, Stanton points out that a mother will parent different from a father, simply because we are male and female. Each parent has a vital role in the raising of their child to help them be confident and secure in the world.
I really enjoyed this book and the scenarios he used I have seen and can relate to in my own life. I think this is a must read for anyone that will be involved in the raising of children. I would highly recommend this book.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Secure Daughters Confident Sons-Book Review
Posted by The Hilliard Family at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment