I recently chose the book 31 Days of Drawing Near to God by Ruth Myers to review from Waterbrook / Multnomah. I enjoy reading and studying my bible and I thought this might be good to use with my normal study time.
I was really disappointed in this book. It is a small book, but not pocketsize. It is really an awkward size in itself. I thought I would be getting a book that had devotions each day for 31 days. But this was not the case. This book is more the author walking you through her journey in drawing closer to God.
I really didn’t find anything “new” or “different” about this book when comparing it to the numerous books that are available in the devotional section of the book store. I guess the 31 day title had me thinking it would be a day by day devotional for 31 days.
I wouldn’t recommend purchasing this book as a devotional type book. If you want to read about the author’s personal journey in drawing closer to God, this may be the book for you. I was just expecting something different.
I received a copy of the book free in exchange for my honest opinion of the book.

0 comments:
Post a Comment