Friday, April 22, 2011

Live Loved-Book Review


“Live Loved Experiencing God’s Presence in Everyday Life” by Max Lucado is a devotional that I chose to review from Booksneeze. I am always looking for a good devotional for my quite time and to give as a gift to friends and family. I have always enjoyed Lucado’s writing and so I decided to see what I thought about his devotional.

I must say, I enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed his other writings. This is a great size to carry with you on a trip or to keep in your car for those times you just need encouragement or uplifting. I also liked the fact that the scriptures are written out for you. This is great if you want to keep this in your car or carry in your purse. I like to have my Bible with me when I do devotional reading, but in some cases it is great to have the scripture written out for you, especially when you have to pack light.

Lucado has this broken up in the following sections: Loved with a Steadfast Love, Loved with a Perfect Love, Loved with a Wise Love, Loved with a Merciful Love, Loved to Love Others. He also has an area for you to write your own notes and sources in the back.

I think this is a great book for gift giving. If you have someone that needs to be reminded of God’s love for them, this would be great. It is also great to have in your personal library. The only thing I can see that would be negative about this book is the text size. Some may need a larger text to read easily. I am sure the text size is because of the compact size of the book. It was fine for me, but if you were giving it to someone with problems seeing small text, you may want to see if it comes in a larger print size.

I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to anyone. I was given this book free of charge from Booksneeze to give my honest opinion. I did not have to give a favorable review.

0 comments: